When it comes to roasted vegetables, choosing the right combination of vegetables and spices can make this simple dish the star of any table.
Cauliflower and butternut squash is a match made in heaven! The sweet and nutty taste of the butternut squash pairs perfectly with the slightly mild cauliflower.
This roasted vegetable recipe is peppery, sweet, and packed with herby seasoning with just the perfect kick of spiciness to bring all the flavors together.
Enjoy it by itself or on a bed of tender and tasty wheat berries. That’s one of my favorite ways to enjoy soft, buttery, and delicious roasted vegetables.
Yield: 6 servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cooking time: 50 min
Total time: 65 min
1 cauliflower head
1 butternut squash
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp umami seasoning blend
1 tsp table seasoning blend
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp chili lime seasoning blend
1 tsp minced garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
Garnish with cranberries, green onions, and slivered almonds.
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
2. Peel and cut the butternut squash into small pieces.
3. Remove the cauliflower stem and cut the florets into bite-sized florets.
5. Place in the oven and cook uncovered for 50 min or until vegetables are tender.
6. Garnish with cranberries, green onions, and slivered almonds.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge or a month in the freezer.
- For an oil-free version, skip the oil, cover the baking dish with aluminum foil, and cook for 40 min or until vegetables are tender.
- Optional: Sprinkle chili flakes for a spicier version.
$11. This takes into account the measurements listed in the ingredients section and for the main ingredients only. It does not include seasoning.
*Cauliflower is an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Cauliflower is also a good source of choline, a nutrient involved in many processes in the body that works to prevent several diseases.
*Butternut squash is low in calories but high in many nutrients, including vitamin A, vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, and manganese. The high antioxidant content of butternut squash may reduce your risk of certain conditions, including heart disease, lung cancer, and mental decline. Butternut squash is low in calories and packed with fiber, making it a great choice for any healthy weight loss plan.
Did you try this simple yet flavorful roasted butternut squash and cauliflower recipe? Let me know in the comments below and/or tag your creation on Instagram #everyhealthybite